1. Listening to the sounds of nature keeps you in the present moment so you can enjoy the benefits of walking in nature.
Listen to this video of a the soothing sounds of a creek in our neighborhood. Notice if you feel more relaxed and if it helps you to be in the moment, no matter where you are listening to it. Remember that the benefits of walking in nature go a long way.
2. Stopping to really look at the budding flowers, emerging leaves and growing greenery keeps you in close contact with the earth and the changing of the seasons.
Staying connected to the changes of every season is grounding. This is because it keeps one paying attention to the earth we walk on and helps us to appreciate what nature does. It’s one of the benefits of walking in nature.
3. If you are with someone on your nature walk, keeping quiet and enjoying the space together, without talking, can feel comfortable and create connection while also enjoying the benefits of walking in nature.
These days, everyone is “connected” by technology. People continue to feel stressed, overwhelmed and disconnected from one another. The benefits of walking in nature with someone you care about without the interference of technology can create a bonding, sharing moment, even if you’re not talking. Try it! You’ll see!
4. Walking and hiking, regardless of where, is beneficial, new studies have found and changes the brain the activate creativity.
More and more research shows the benefits of walking in nature. Being outside, engaged in the natural world, away from the stresses of life helps our brains change and be stimulated in a different way.
5. Finally, the benefits of walking in nature include helping to lift mood, generate energy and create an overall feeling of well being.
Many people have read about and understanding that moving your body, through exercising, yoga practice, stretching and walking helps improve circulation, stamina, physical ailments and overall wellbeing. It really works and helps counter the stress and overwhelm that many people face today. Hopefully, everyone will take some time over the next few weeks to get outside and experience the benefits of walking in nature! Happy Spring!
Enjoy this relaxing sound of water trickling.