Is your 5th grader excited and anxious about transitioning into 6th grade? Do you want to provide him or her with the tools to help make this transition a success?
This 5 session group provides a holistic, integrative and dynamic approach for kids transitioning into middle school to come and learn about themselves, develop leadership skills, stress management skills and dealing with peer issues. This is a psycho-educational group, geared towards empowering kids with the skills for self-care, social skills, and stress management.
This group will:
• Engage in activities that promote stress management, self-regulation, and strengthen self-esteem.
• Participate in art exercises that encourage self awareness and self expression in healthy ways.
• Discuss the challenges, excitement, and fear around transitioning into middle school.
• Develop strong leadership skills that encourage kindness and self-confidence.
• Be customized based on what the kids in the group feel is important to them!
The yoga portion will include mindfulness, breathing techniques and poses that support inner resilience, balance and stress-reduction.
*This group is not reimbursable by insurance.
This group provides a dynamic safe place for kids transitioning into middle school to come and feel empowered. This is a psycho-education group and therefore no clinical intake is required.
For information on Date, Time, and Location please see our MindBody Site.
What is the cost of Power Up Support Group?
Cost: $375 – total for all 5 sessions
Email Brittany Beck, LGPC at brittany@lotuspointwellness with any questions or call 301-960-1198 ext. 707