This group will help children (grades 3rd to 5th) cope with emotions related to their parents divorce using art, play and discussion to identify feelings and connect with peers who face similar challenges. Group includes 60 minutes of group therapy followed by 30 minutes of yoga.
- Creating a safe space to share thoughts and feelings related to separation/divorce
- Learning tools to make transitions between houses easier
- Understanding how separation/divorce has impacted their life
- Learning coping tools to help foster self-growth
- Learning ways to create a sense of family and home no matter where they are
- Understanding how to create healthy boundaries with parents and siblings
- Learn stress management and mindfulness practices, including yoga
Please contact Brittany Beck, LGPC if you have any questions or would like to learn more about this group. 301-960-1198 ext. 707
$600 for 8 weeks
Offered both in Silver Spring and Bethesda, 8 weeks
Mondays in Silver Spring from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm on October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; November 6, 13, 20
Tuesdays in Bethesda from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm on October 3, 10, 17, 24; November 7, 14, 21, 28 (no session October 31)
Support groups are a vital component to overall mental health and wellness. Attendance at all sessions helps members feel comfortable and safe. When you register, you are securing a spot in the group and agreeing to attendance at all sessions. No refunds for missed sessions; in the case of an emergency situation please discuss with the group leader.